16th October 2011
- All members will have a say in how the Club is run.
- An annual Membership Fee is payable, any change to which must be ratified
at an AGM. Ownership of a "Club Covered" car is encouraged but not essential.
However, only Club Covered cars will be allowed to be displayed at events or
Club promotional activities, subject to the Club Rules of Display.
- The aim of the Club is to promote the cars that it covers, try to give
helpful advice to members on any car-related problems they may have and to
have friendly family meetings.
CARS COVERED: Opel Monza, Vauxhall Royale, Opel/Vauxhall Senator,
Vauxhall Carlton/Opel Omega (all variants), Lotus Carlton/Omega, any
Vauxhall/Opel Omega B variant, the Vauxhall Monaro and VXR8, also any Old Opel
cars pre-1980 (due to the Club being joined by the "Opel Rekord and Commodore
Register" and "The Opel Owners Club" in the early 1990's), and all HSV Holdens.
- A starter pack containing Membership Card, Car Sticker and latest Club
Magazine will be issued when a prospective member’s Membership Application has
been received and approved by the Club, which reserves the right to decline
- There will be a Club Magazine, the "Straight Six News", sent to members
every 3 months to which Members will be able to contribute articles and
letters or advertise anything specific to the Club, subject to editorial
- Members may request copies of Club Committee meeting minutes and AGM
minutes, though the Club reserves the right to make a charge to cover any
- Neither the Club nor its Officers can be held responsible for any loss or
damage to property or persons or for misuse of the Club Membership Card.
- Every Club member will be responsible for his or her own conduct at social
events and neither the Club nor its Officers can be held responsible for any
breach of conduct. Anyone found to be acting in a manner that is deemed to
bring the Club into disrepute, or misusing facilities associated with Club
Membership, will have their membership revoked immediately with no refund of
Membership Fee. At any Club-organised or -attended social event the Health and
Safety Code of that particular event must be adhered to at all times. No Club
Member shall claim to represent the Club without written permission of The
- A properly constituted AGM, including a full financial report, will be
held annually. Only the card-holding members present will be allowed to vote.
- The Club Committee should ideally consist of the following officers and
members (voluntary and unpaid):
Officers: Chairman, Treasurer, and Secretary. (5-year term).
Committee Members: Membership Secretary, Magazine Editor and Webmaster. (Up to 5-year term).
Additional Committee Members without specific responsibilities as required to
a maximum of 1% of the Membership.
Co-opted Committee Members should be ratified at the following AGM.
All of the Club Committee will be entitled to free Club Membership during
their time in office, plus reimbursement of any expenses incurred whilst
performing duties on behalf of the Club.
The Club should run on a non-profit making basis and not allow any monies
accrued in its accounts to exceed one year's membership income. If it does
exceed this then steps should be taken to decrease the income e.g. reduction
of membership fees.
The Club should be run for the benefit of its members and no Club official or
Club member should seek to derive personal or pecuniary advantage from any of
its activities, services or goods traded.
- The Club Committee will be responsible for all aspects of running the Club
on a day-to-day basis. This will include the Club bank accounts, the Club
magazine, the Club website and all other Club activities.
Rules and Regulations regarding such things as advertising (SSN or Website),
Club Forum, etc. will be decided by the Committee and published where
All members will have the right to challenge any Committee decisions at an
- Security of Club Funds. A reputable company will audit the Clubs
accounts every year.
Cheques drawn on the Club’s bank accounts must require the signatures of at
least two Club Officers, who must not be related.
Any Committee Member, who is not one of the Bank Account Signatories nor
related to one, should have sight of the Club bank statements at least twice a
year or upon request.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called by 1% of the Membership.